Azienda Agricola Cą San Carlo

Since 1968

Our wine estate was founded in 1968 with the marriage of Angelo Monzeglio and Maria Teresa Rollino, both coming from a farming background it was a natural choice, born out of love for the land. The two sons Achille and Alessio, practically brought up among the vines, have decided to carry on the family tradition, substituting the parents who have moved to the role of helpers. Achille looks after the vineyard and cellar with the advice of oenologist Roberto Olivieri. Alessio is in charge of the administrative and commercial sectors.

With SCHIAVINO, our first wine, a Barbera of Monferrato, we began our adventure in the world of oenology. The Schiavino hill has always been a Monzeglio property, (at least since 1700 with the breaking up of large estates in favour of small farming properties). The hill is situated in an area called Schiavino from which it takes its name and it produces our best Barbera. Down through the years, buying from relatives and neighbours, we have reunited the land forming what was the family estate in 1800. There are 13 hectors of vines of which 9 already produce Barbera, Grignolino, Freisa and Dolcetto. The cultivation technique (mis. F1 - reg.ce - ex 2078) is environmental friendly with periodic and steadfast controls carried out by the Coldiretti technicians. CA'SAN CARLO is a 1600 farmhouse with the cellar in the basement, built from typical blocks of tufa (porous stone) from Monferrato. Its vault ceilings are in red brick. In the comfortable tasting room on cold days there's always a fire blazing in the old fireplace and it's ideal for receiving our clients. Our family is available to accompany anyone who wants to visit our estate preferably on appointment, but if someone arrives and finds the gates open they're welcome to come in.